Thursday, August 12, 2010

Eric the Red teaching the youngters about the majors.

While I was at a recent Dayton Dragons game with my family I noticed a familiar face in the dugout. It was former Cincinnati Red great Eric Davis. It seems he has a new job these days. Teaching the single A ball players of the Reds minor league affiliate how to hit and play outfield. As I sat in the stands watching his instruction and critique of batting stances I could tell he had these young players best interest at heart. He wanted to make them the best ball players they could be. In fact one drill I watched him do really stood out with me. It was the 12oz. curl. Yep old number 44 was tossing back a few brewskies in the dugout while instructing the team on how to hit. I bet you that Pete Rose told him to do it. Let me know what you think in the comments below and stay tuned for tomorrow I jump off the roof to see if I can fly or maybe why I think Steven Slater is the shiznit. Thanks and please subscribe.



Subscribe to my twitter site at:
http://twitter.com/distancetw

My YouTube at:
http://www.youtube.com/user/berrysoftball

The new Facebook Page: LIKE THIS SHIT
www.facebook.com/doyouseestupidpeople

3 comments:

  1. Tommie--you are hilarious, i can wait to see what you have to say about Steven Slater

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is he wearing a Red's uniform? He hasn't played for them in years. WTF. Keep up the good work man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks @Anonymous #1. My Slater commentary will be one for the ages. Tell all your friends to check out the blog. We wants us some viewers.

    @Anonymous #2 Yep and it even had his old number on it. It may have been the same uniform he wore in the early 90's.

    ReplyDelete