Saturday, August 21, 2010

Marketing by Yakov Smirnoff, I love dis country!

I would loved to have been in the marketing meeting where they said hey why don't we add Fried Green Tomatoes to our menu and then everyone agreed this would be a good idea. I wonder if they also tried to contact Yakov Smirnoff to be their product spokesman. I think it would go something like this: " Amazing you can get Fried Green Tomato at a fish place, I love dis country."

For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about or are too young to remember Yakov, he did commercials for Long John Silvers in the early 80's talking about getting chicken at a fish place. For more on a very funny comedian check the link below.

Yakov Smirnoff Comedy Act

Let me know what you think in the comments below and stay tuned for tomorrow as play the harmonica in the shower.  Thanks and please subscribe.

Subscribe to my twitter site at:

3 comments:

  1. In Soviet Russia, green tomatoes fried you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!! I so wish we had a D's in St Louis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was not Yakov Smirnoff in those Long John Silver's commercials you refer to. It was a knock-off Yakov.

    ReplyDelete