Thursday, September 2, 2010

Classifieds, We Don't Need No Stinkin Classifieds.

Boss: We need to hire a new plumber.

HR rep: OK, let me call the paper and take out an ad for this Sunday.

Boss: No, I have a better idea, get some plywood and paint a sign then stick it out next to the road.

HR rep: You sure that will work?

Boss: Who cares it's cheaper than an ad.

This day and age of companies trying to save every penny is really getting out of control. I sometimes find it amazing at how companies have forgotten that sometimes you need to spend money to make money. In fact I would not use the word spend, I would use the word Invest. An investment in an employee will gain a much greater return in the long run, yet will hurt you in the short. Companies are far too reliant on the short term to run their business. Let me know what you think in the comments section below and keep checking back every day as I continues to post new fun stuff that I see. Thanks and remember to subscribe and tell your friends about this site.

Subscribe to my twitter site at:

No comments:

Post a Comment